Wood Floor Installation
Ted’s Flooring Can Help You Create The Custom
Wood Floor Of Your Dreams!
Laminate, wood & Hardwood Installation
Red Oak, White Oak, Maple, Brazilian Cherry, American Cherry, ash, walnut, Hickory, Santos Mahogan, bamboo Etc
Directions of installation could be straight, diagonal, or herringbone. We can also personalize your hardwood floor with borders, medallions, custom staining and more. For new hardwood flooring installation projects, a level base floor is an absolute necessity.
Knowledge and Experience
Serving the Park Ridge since 1988, we have a solid and reputed name at installing hardwood floor. Our many satisfied customers can vouch for that. We would be glad to be of service to you too. Contact us today for a free estimate!
There Are Three Main Types Of Wood Flooring
There are different ways to install floors depending on the wood type’s width and thickness, and the current condition of the surface. Before proceeding with the installation of your new wood flooring we will level the subfloor if necessary. Some types can be glued and others must be nailed
Nail Down/staple Installation
Nailing or stapling down solid or engineered wood strips to the sub flooring (usually either plywood or plank wood ). In this method, we do the floor with random length strips. We place down a number of strips before fastening it in way of ensuring the right and exact placement.
Glue Down Installation
Glue down installation involves gluing parquet or engineered wood strips directly to the subfloor. With this method, it most important to take notice of moisture. On the next day of the installation, you can already walk on it and move all of your furniture back in.
* You should consider if you have any sensitivities or allergies for the smell that this may not be the best way to go for you. We use mild acrylic based glue, so it may not be a problem at all.
In this popular installation method, we glue the tongue and groove of every plank together, while the floor floats over foam cushioned padding. If the floor has a locking system, we are able to lock the different pieces together without using glue at all. This can be used with either laminate or engineered wood floor.
- Installation of any sub-floor by the hard or floating system.
- Leveling of concrete sub floors and floors.
- Replacing broken or damaged floor boards
- Installation of wood vents, with or without a damper and other custom vents.
- Installation and/or stain and varnish baseboard and quarter round.
- Removal, disposal of carpets.
- Installation stairs.
- Installation of doors and trims.
- Refinishing wood decks.
Why Ted’s Flooring?
Ted’s Flooring strives to provide the best quality in hardwood floors at affordable prices. With over 25 years of experience, working with a variety of clients in Park Ridge, Illinois. We are in the position to help you enjoy the beauty and durability of our hardwood floors.
- Completing the Installation, repair and refinishing service in a timely manner
- Protection of furniture
- Attention to detail
- Full range of the finishing products
- Restore your home to new condition
- Flexibility in scheduling
- Affordable prices